Friday, December 17, 2010

My Christmas List

***warning*** snarky post here. I may end up deleting it......

Things that are getting crossed off my Christmas list this year:

1. Christmas cards.
Yet again.
I've received quite a few electronic Christmas cards this year.
So I'm thinkin' maybe that will be the new trend.
Although I do honestly love reading the happenings of our friends & family.

This year we DID not go to Europe or Hawaii.
Or plan to any time in the near future.
Our kids are average human beings-I really like them.
(I must say though, they do produce beautiful children)
(And they ain't half bad looking themselves)

2.  Neighbor goodies.
I'm so terrible, I only wave at my neighbors most days.
If you don't speak Spanish or aren't related to me,
I'm probably not paying much attention to you this Christmas.

3.  Santa's Workshop
Well, I did get a few things done this year.
But I had to put the plans for others on hold.
Seein' how Amy & I are becoming intimately acquainted with the inside of hospitals.
(Three time in the past 2 weeks)
And we are learning the tricks of trekking to Phoenix for doctor appointments.

The end of my true confession.
There may be others.
But I don't want to look too bad.

6 comments:

Kerin said...

Imagine my Christmas joy, when I read that your Christmas list is the same as mine :)
With the exception of speaking spanish.
(I have been to the hospital 3 times in the last month.)
Trying to stay positive, and then this morning I woke up to see on the news that the Provo Tabernacle is on fire and burning down. Tears and sadness..... that was where we went to Stake conference, when we were kids.
It just doesn't feel like Christmas time to me.

Reno said...

It sounds to me like you have your priorities straight. Best wishes and Merry Christmas.

angiedunn said...

snarky is one of my favorite words. i just love saying it. snarky.

i was gonna comment what reno said. you're an amazing mom & that kinda love is what christmas is all about. :)

Suzie said...

Not too snarky at all.
Just an expression of what's in your life right now.
Some Christmases are a bit different...no worries.
And if I was your neighbor or Spanish speaking or a nurse at the hospitals I'd give you a big hug and tell you you're doing just fine, you are fulfilling your duty & being the mother in Zion you know to be. May the Lord bless you today with some Tender Mercies.

(I may also bring you some goodies)

Granny J said...

You call that "Snarky"?! Ha!

Let go of the "perfect" that you want and embrace and find joy in what IS! Otherwise.... ;)

Ditto to Reno!

Joy For Your Journey said...

I have only gotten out half of my Christmas cards--and those went out today. And I paid a lady in my ward to do my baking for me. Although it was for a good cause--she was earning money to help another family. Still, there is some shame in delivering goodies to people and having them ask, "Did you make this?" And not being able to say yes.

At any rate, you can only do what you can do, and you have to let the rest go--along with the guilt. Somethings are just more important than others. And I am sure your neighbors and family will understand.

You and Amy are in our prayers.