Friday, February 15, 2013

One Fact this Friday

Okay-so I'm a fabric-holic. I'm obsessed with fabric, always have been. Running my hands over some bolts of soft cottons makes me suuuppper happy. (weird I know)  I wasn't able to do any sewing for many years because I was too busy working and raising my family and having a busy church calling but now that I have a little more spare time-(yikes I may be jinxing myself for saying that)  I'm renewing my joy and passion for sewing.

One of the reasons is this little baby......
My old machine (it really wasn't that old!) was driving me crazy. I had it in the shop about six times in the last six months. I finally gave up on it just before my birthday in November (well, isn't THAT a coincidence!!) It's a Janome 8900 and it has a large harp (the space between the needle and the case on the right side).  It is HEAVEN to machine quilt with-the main reason why I bought it. I smile every time I use it. Worth every pretty penny-(hack hack)
I found this in my Christmas stocking and it is super fun! A tiny little iron to use when I'm piecing, and making...
Barbie clothes! I decided to make this little one a matching skirt for her Barbie for her birthday this year. It was hysterically funny to make them. I had an audience of daughters while I was sewing and we were Squealing and giggling the whole time at how cute they were. I made a couple other outfits for Miss Barbie too. I envision some more Barbie clothes in the future! Note-Barbie clothes are harder than regular sized clothes!, smaller seams, smaller sizes, etc.
This is a quilt top I made for my oldest grandson's 10th birthday.  He went with me to pick fabrics and well....er........they are a little interesting.......I had to give him some guidance on that one but I used fleece for the backing and it was wonderfully soft and cozy and comfy.
This is a top I just finished. It's kind of a retro-50ish fabric. I know the lighting is horrific! My mom had cross-stitched some growth charts....
So I used the colors in them as a guide for the fabrics I picked for the quilt. These are going in the new playroom for the grandkids. Retro themed-I'm really excited.  I'm going to have an unveiling party with the grandkids around Easter, I think. (if I have a goal date-it will get DONE!!)
And I found these little cuties on line, on sale!!  It's for grandbaby #14 coming in June. Can you guess what it is?????
Here's how they told me......
And we've got another little person coming in August. Dang-that means I have more sewing to do!! and FABRIC shopping!

2 comments:

Seeshellspace said...

A huge congratulations to the new parents! And I know you're totally distraught about having to go fabric shopping again! ;) I think I need you to teach me how to machine quilt sometime. Very cute projects!

Unknown said...

Super fun times :) Congratulations on all of the grandbabies :) I'm pretty sure I'm gonna like being a grandma :)