Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wow! Three Months?

I can't believe it has been three months since I last blogged. Since then my life has had huge changes. I've toyed with the idea of giving up the blog, but I keep thinking about it, and it's a way for me to keep touch with long distance family. So I thought I would do a pictorial review of the last three months.
We buried my momma on October 6, 2012. This image is burned into my brain and it's when I cried because I saw her beautiful grandsons lovingly carrying her to her final resting place in Logan, Utah, surrounded by her ancestors that she loved so much.
Afterwards, we went to the historic Bluebird Restaurant to eat lunch. It was so amazing because my grandfather played in a band there and I loved feeling the history that had gone on there. Most of my cousins and ALL of my children and grandchildren were there. We spent a couple of hours eating, grieving and laughing over stories of my mom.
And then, before I knew it, my baby was married! It was a beautiful day with a wonderful spirit.
She is wearing my mother's wedding dress that is over 55 years old. My sister and I found it in my mom's closet and I wanted Alyssa to wear it to her wedding luncheon. We had a crisis the night before though, and I had to dash to Joann's to buy a new zipper for it. Whew! It is an amazing dress and quite the fashion now!
And after four years of serving, I was released as Relief Society president in the Tierra Rica Spanish branch. It was an amazing experience but it was time for a change.  I love my sisters with all my heart and I'm now serving as a family history consultant.




And it seemed like five minutes later.......It was CHRISTMAS!!!!!! (I'm missing one of my peeps here, Amy & Bret with their little guy, not sure where those pics went!)
This photo epitomizes the excitement and joy at Christmas time. I just loved it!
And before I knew it, we were celebrating a new year........

Life has changed dramatically. I'm now a college student in the BYU Idaho Pathway program, starting the (seemingly eternal) process of getting my bachelor's degree. I've spent some time healing and resting from the  past few months, even the past few years. More changes are ahead too......we've got some more grandbabies coming along, but of course I can't spill ALL the beans in one post!

8 comments:

Joy For Your Journey said...

Congratulations on your release and the wonderful service you performed there. Is your husband still serving in the branch? Congratulations to on all your new additions (including the son in law).

I just keep waiting for you to announce you are ready to go on a Spanish speaking mission. We have the perfect place for you! :-)

Granny J said...

I loved the whole post! May I just say that your mother's wedding dress....AMAZING! And your daughter wore it beautifully! More grands? You can never have too many of those...Congrats!

Momza said...

Whew. Woman you need a break! Are you planning on going to BYU's Women's Conference this year?

Reno said...

Best wishes to you in your new endeavors! That sounds very exciting.

Unknown said...

I think it is amazing how life just keeps on going and going and going....
Your family is beautiful and I am so happy they were all with you at Christmas :) and the funeral :( and the wedding :) How wonderful xoxo
Hang in there. (I am always so sad when we get released from a calling)

Unknown said...

I think it is amazing how life just keeps on going and going and going....
Your family is beautiful and I am so happy they were all with you at Christmas :) and the funeral :( and the wedding :) How wonderful xoxo
Hang in there. (I am always so sad when we get released from a calling)

Amy said...

Ah sorry about the picture thing! I'll send em to you right away!

Unknown said...

I replied a "book" to your comment on my blog...but it has you as a no reply blogger :(