Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Feast Without the Calories

This was stolen from Joy For Your Journey, a little Food 4 Thought.....


Breakfast

What is your favorite menu item you will eat at your Thanksgiving Feast?

It's a tossup between the "stuffing" and the chiffon pumpkin pie, all treasured recipes handed down to me from my mother. I have memories of the delicious smell of onions, celery and shredded carrots simmering in about a pound of butter prior to their addition to the bread crumbs. Also, I don't really like traditional baked pumpkin pie, but my grandmother's chiffon pumpkin pie is a must-have every year. It's light and fluffy and full of delicious cinnamony-ness.

Lunch

What are you most grateful for at THIS moment?

I'm grateful for our Heavenly Father's great plan of happiness. Last night our dear niece lost a baby that they had been working so hard to get. In order to preserve her life, the baby had to be sacrificed. I'm so grateful for the peace and comfort of the gospel and the knowledge we have of eternal life and that families are forever. We can have peace in the midst of pain, through the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We love you, J & M!

Dinner

What is different about Thanksgiving this year?

We will miss a bunch of our family members, our Elder Bubba D, shivering in Alaska, our son Rick's family, kind of shivering in Utah, but having a grand time and our Amy's family, visiting the in-laws. But we have the addition of our son, the former Elder Steve, his first Thanksgiving home in two years, and get to enjoy los Elderes and our Grandpa's company.

Midnight Snack

Where are you spending Thanksgiving this year and what part of the menu are you preparing?

Here en la casa de Madwoman. I'm cooking pretty much everything except rolls, green beans, jello....and what else are you bringing Jess?

Recipe of the week

Press forward. (see 2 Nephi 31:20)

5 comments:

Allyson said...

Loved this post! Happy Thanksgiving!

Rhonda said...

Happy Thanksgicing!

Suzie said...

We are so blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving!

sandalloons40 said...

great Post, I may have to take that to my blog. LOL
happy Thanksgiving!

Joy For Your Journey said...

I have never liked pumpkin pie, but yours sounds tempting!! Thanks for playing. How sad for your niece though. My heart goes out to her and her family.