Monday, June 4, 2012

Manic Monday

It's just another manic Monday....whoah whoah.......Dang, now I'm going to have that song in my head all day!

So often when reading blogs, probably mine included, it seems like life is pretty perfect. No one ever reads about our warts and failures. I'm not going to be Debbie Downer, but actually mostly life is pretty hectic and even boring at times, right?

Soooo, it's no secret that I'm a fan of alliteration (I've already done it four times so far!) but I thought, well, if I have themes for some of my days, it makes it easier to write.   So here's my Manic Monday thoughts.

Does anyone else wake up Monday morning with ten zillion things on their to-do list? (raising hand here) I always have a list a mile long and then not even a millionth-way through it, I realize it ain't going to happen. No way I'm going to get all this done in one day. It's like I have a massive brain dump onto a piece of paper that is in no way realistic. It's like going to the all-you-can-eat buffet and sitting down to eat and realizing there's no way you are going to finish all that food.

So I'm feeling rather manic this morning. Probably because I've only slept a couple of hours the last two nights. Sorry moms with littles, not sure if you will ever catch up on that missing sleep because as soon as the kids sleep through the night, they start staying out late and coming home later........and you are laying awake worrying about them......or you are sweating your brains out with a massive hot flash at 1 am......or your brain won't shut off....or........

So here's my latest manic-ness....

Remember this?

And I USED to have this.....
 And now my room looks like this:
And there really isn't a plan yet to replace everything. TL is not too happy about the whole thing. I kept telling him that the furniture was too massive for the size of our room and the mattress is 22 inches thick!! I get a hernia every time I change the sheets. So I'm hoping that this week there is a little more of a plan (the room really isn't green) I wasn't expecting to sell the furniture so quickly.

Corn is coming off RIGHT NOW. So I've got that on my list of things to do. I freeze 60-70 bags to last a year and I used the LAST one last week.

In other news, one of my dear friends from the branch announced that she and her family are going to the English ward and I felt like bawling all afternoon. My calling is SO incredibly HARD, I get worn out sometimes. I've got quite a few visits to make this week too......

Anyone else going crazy trying to eat right? I am very interested in studying nutrition but there is SO much contradiction out there. I've got family members who are losing lots of weight not eating grains, but I have such a hard time reconciling the Word of Wisdom (and my food storage) with the no grain thing. What's a girl to do????

We are hosting a bachelorette party this week,  I've got to finish Amy's quilts before HER baby shower (hosted here) and try to cope with the ever increasing heat.....

So.... that's my imperfect Manic Monday....time to get started on the list.....

2 comments:

Granny J said...

I know you have seen this but I feel the need to live by it at the moment: "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what's possible and suddenly you're doing the impossible." ...Saint Francis of Assisi.

My friend read to me a list of things we are commanded to accomplish in this life (actually maybe they are man's commandments...since one is make a quilt) and I was laughing at the unrealistic expectations we have. The list is in Gerald Lund's new book...I think.

I don't have the solution to manic periods (heck I hardly know what those are as I avoid them if at all possible!) Best wishes to you. (If you feel the need to escape...I have a spare room and no one would think to look for you here!)

Anonymous said...

I think we share the same genes. My lists get more difficult to fulfill as I age. Some day I will catch up.