Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WiP Wednesday

Remember this quilt top?
A lot of the "modern quilters" are piecing the backing on the quilt also. This is a great way to use up leftover scraps of fabric and save a little money. I love the idea. With this quilt, I bought a "layer cake" which is precut 10 x 10 fabrics, so I didn't have any leftovers. I bought some extra yardage of a couple of the fabrics in the same line. I did a 12" border with the center all one piece. I saw it on another quilt and really loved it. I'm kind of a fly by the seat of my pants girl so I just measured the quilt top and then figured out how much I needed for the back..I'm working on that in preparation for pin basting and then off we go with a free motion quilt. I think I'm going to do an all-over squiggly stitching.
Here's my angry birds quilt top all pieced. Just got the backing in preparation for again.....pin basting. I think both of these quilts will be WiP for awhile. I've got a top I made for Christmas so I need to get cracking on pin basting and quilting that one too so we can enjoy it when Christmas comes.  Although I am going to be interrupted for awhile with another WiP.....
I'll let you guess what that WiP is. It may be taking up my time for quite awhile.........

6 comments:

Kassi Jane said...

wedding dress??????

Reno said...

I like the quilts a lot. And your new WIP looks suspiciously like...well, a lot work and fun.

Granny J said...

When's the big day?!
Love the quilts... why is it when you loan your sewing machine that you feel like sewing? Perhaps it's because it has cooled down a bit here.

Lisa said...

Yay! Is it official?

Amy said...

Love these WiP's!!!! All of them. Especially that last one. :)

P.S. you totally lost me on your quilting jargon.

Marilyn said...

No date, no ring, just a dress.....