Monday, February 16, 2009

More Gardening Adventures

The garden is looking a little thrashed these days. With the recent rain and wind, the peas blew over and it's been too cold and wet to deal with them. But recently my little buddies, A. and E. came to visit me while their mommy was at the doctor. With willing subjects, I enlisted their help.

Look what we did Grandma!


Yummy, fresh peas out of the pod! (sheesh-look at that kid's eyelashes!!)

It's nearing the seasonal transition time for us gardeners here in AZ. My seeds are here, just waiting for things to warm up a bit before we set out on the next adventure, tomatoes, peppers, corn and beans.....I'm going to try to nurture the greens along and see how long I can make them last before the heat sets in, but I'm a little sad each year to see this season pass-I love gardening in the fall/winter here in sunny AZ!

6 comments:

Nichol said...

I gave you a award on my blog if you want to pick it up.

Patrice said...

Oh, I love fresh peas! Hey, to do the collages, I use a program called Picasa. You can download it for free and use the same account that your google and blogger are set up on. You can access and organize your pictures, and collages are VERY simple with this program. Call me if you need help with all of that . . .

Rhonda said...

Can you very shortly give details for a novice gardener (ME!) to plant corn and tomatoes and such? I would REALLY try to learn this but don't know even the basics like soil and how it should be...sun/no sun/partial sun, when to plant, yadda yadda.

Anyway, those eyelashes are WAYYYY ADORABLE!

Da Bergs said...

Oh, how cute... and those peas look yummy!

Lori said...

Yummy fresh peas!

Allyson said...

Fresh peas are the best!