Monday, June 22, 2009

A Good Read

Since I'm off galivanting around Denver, Co right now, I thought I would share a really, really good book I just finished about food storage. Booooorrring....right?


Wrong!

"I Dare You To Eat It"

By Liesa Card

Here's a quote:

"........Testimonies aren't cheap. They come to us only after consistent obedience. A testimony of food storage is similar. We learn in the doing." ".......And yet, growing up surrounded by good examples and having the opportunity to eat from my parent's food storage, I didn't actually come to my own testimony of it as being vital and founded on the principle of love until after I had taken my own steps to be obedient."

I absolutely loved the philosophy in her book. She is a "regular" person. In fact, she is an interior designer. She's not a "granola" type or a "survivalist" type. She outlines the reasoning, or the doctrine behind doing your food storage and then gives practical ideas on how to do it. I think it is a must-have in your food storage library. She even has a web site: http://www.idareyoutoeatit.com/

Go get it.

5 comments:

Granny J said...

"Dare-ing" seems to be going around this morning! ;) Have fun in Denver...can't wait to hear about what you did to entertain yourself.

Allyson said...

Hmmmmm.....sounds interesting. I am really getting into the whole food storage thing! I'll have to check it out!

alpinekleins said...

Sounds great, thank you for sharing the review - would make a great gift for the kids:)

Kristin

Patrice said...

Have you had Amy recommend it in her book reviews? I'll try to check it out when I get back to "real" life!

Anonymous said...

Looks good, thanks for this. I will definitely give it a look!