Thursday, December 24, 2009

And the Stockings were Hung....


Stockings are a big deal at my house.
When I was young, and we were bugging my parents every hour on Christmas morning, my Mom would say at about 5:30-6:00 am, "Ok, you can get up and look at your stocking." She would bring our stockings to our rooms and we would rip into them and that would appease us for at least a little while.

Fast forward, I would let my own kids look at their stockings first. I used to put a piece of fruit, a box of the tiny cereals and some hot chocolate in each one. That would cover breakfast, since I simply was never up to preparing a large and sumptious breakfast on Christmas morning....exhaustion always set in.....due to pregnancy, nursing or just plain old-fashioned exhaustion.  The kids used to argue over which cereal they got....it was the only time of year I would buy Froot Loops and Frosted Flakes.....

Fast forward, now this has evolved into making each person's stocking individual and special. I take a lot of time trying to find things that will FIT and also unique and fun stuff, especially for the girls. You know, stuff you never buy for yourself.....

So the stockings are all ready.......except we are going to miss one stocking this year.......

 He's away in the service of Him whose birth we are celebrating this time of year and that makes it okay! And we get to talk to him at 12 noon MST!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Merry Christmas Marilyn!

GGMA said...

Tell him hello for everyone and have a great Christmas with all the rest.