Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten Days before Christmas Quiz

Stealing this from Rebecca Irvine:

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? True confession, I love eggnog, but no one else does and it's super fattening, so it doesn't grace my frig these days.

2. Does Santa wrap the presents, or just set them under the tree? Definitely wrapped. It's more fun on Christmas morning! Side note: I don't put anything under the tree before Christmas. Too many years of toddlers trashing presents started this tradition, and now we have another generation of toddlers......but it looks impressive on Christmas morning piled with gifts!

3. Colored or white lights on the tree/house? White on the tree. TL loves colored and it was time for replacements outside, so he gets his colored outside.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope....but teenage daughter has been requesting it. hmmm... wonder why?

5. When do you put up your decorations? Day after Thanksgiving, exhausting!

6. What's your favorite holiday dish? The breakfast coffee cake, made by my daughter, recipe from her mother-in-law.....yummmmm.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child. The year of the Barbies....I'll never forget seeing them all lined up. Now I know how many hours my mom spent sewing Barbie outfits, complete with tulle and satin and beads!!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? From the neighbor girl across the street. I was shocked and devastated. I think I was about six.

9. How do you decorate your Christmas tree(s)? We have one with gold and red ornaments in the living room (the kids call it the ASU tree). The other one has a mish mash of elegant red and apple green ornaments along with family ornaments, large red poinsettias and bows.

10. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve? Never used to but now we open jammies and the kids open each other's gifts.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Here in the desert of AZ, it would definitely be an exciting event!

12. Ice skate? Can you do it? Not really. I'm a desert rat.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One memorable one is the year TL gave me a garbage disposal. I was thrilled beyond belief. (try living without one for awhile) (I have a photo of my joy)

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Christmas hymns and studying the life of the Savior, giving! (I know it's not one-but I can't narrow it down to one)

15. Favorite holiday dessert? My mom's toffee! hands down.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve fajitas! Sewing for Christmas.

17. What tops your holiday tree? Nada! (yikes!)

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving definitely wins, but receiving is fun!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Angels we have heard on High. p.s. I LOVE the Messiah.

20. Candy canes? Meh.....Not too much, but add a little chocolate and I'm there.

Scripture: Isaiah 8:6

5 comments:

Patrice said...

I could listed to Josh Groban's version of "Angels we have heard . . ." for hours. Love it!

Granny J said...

Am I missing something about the scripture?

GGMA said...

I'm with you!

Allyson said...

Yummy, that was a delightful entry....thanks so much!

alpinekleins said...

Very much fun! Sounds like wonderful holidays at your home. I'd love the coffeecake recipe if you have it to share - I bet it's delicious!

Kristin