Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Despedida de la Soltera

or...

Farewell to the Single Girl.

or....

Bridal Shower.

I just love that title, it's so descriptive and fun!

We went to one last night. For this girlie...

And I think the lack of estrogen in my menopausal brain is getting to me..

Because I forgot to take my camera!!!

ARGGHH...

But I made this for her:


And my other girlies contributed a bunch of recipes for a recipe book called

"Kierstie's Recipes from the New Fam"

of which I don't have a photo of.

So you'll just have to imagine the cuteness.

I told Steve after the party he is going to be very, very happy.

Not because of the cute lingerie.

But because they got TWO crockpots (one from moi)

And TWO waffle irons.

His joy will be complete.

And you will just have to imagine the cuteness of the decorations.
The deliciousness of the crepes.
The elegantly wrapped packages.
And the love showered forth.

Because I'm lame and I forgot my camera!

6 comments:

Patrice said...

Maybe you can still get a picture of the recipe book. Can you e-mail the recipes? I am assuming they are in digital format somehow.

Amy said...

The party was a blast! Don't worry about forgetting your camera, we all do it sometimes.
They still got lots of pictures, maybe Kierstie will share.

Momza said...

Awww here you grow again! She is a lovely girl.
I had a great weekend, and forgot my camera the entire time! Ugh. I'm so there with you on this aging thing!!

Kerin said...

What a great bridal shower! Love the apron!!! Love the family recipe book also. That sounds like the kind of bridal shower that many years down the road, she will still be thinking about, and loving!
It's fantastic to get things that you can use :)
I will tuck this idea away for a day when we might have a bridal shower :)
Have a gorgeous day!

Joy For Your Journey said...

I love the apron!! It is darling. It sounds like a great bridal shower. I love weddings!! They are the most fun. My niece is getting married in a week and I am so excited for it.

Unknown said...

I was trying to figure out if that was a shirt or what and I was thinking she made a shirt for a bridal shower..that's a little strange..but no time better than the present to teach her how to take care of herself.

OHHHHH it's lingerie. I had no idea you could make lingerie with a sewing machine. :) I thought you had to buy it at a store. :)

LOVE it so cute. even if she does decide to wear it as a shirt. with a t-shirt under of course..so that it will be modest.