Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why I would be Broke and Fat if I lived in Utah

Because I am a BYU Bookstore geek.
I could spend HOURS in BYU bookstore.
I limited myself to one hour this time.
And $100.
Two of these scholarly tomes are for TL for Christmas so shhhhhh....
But he doesn't read my blog so it's okay.

I LOVE browsing the shelves.
They have a better selection of the books I'm interested in than any Deseret, Borders or Barnes & Noble.

So I have to content myself with my thrice yearly visits to soak up the anticipation of unread books..
I could have spent $500!

Why would I be fat?
Because my favorite chocolate in all the world is Mrs. Cavannaugh's.
Conveniently located in your nearby University Mall.

Come to think of it, I would be broke & fat if I spent all my time at Mrs. Cavannaugh's.
Because that chocolate, although mighty fine tasting.
Is dang expensive too!

Maybe I should stick with BYU Bookstore.
And be broke.
But smart.
And skinny.

4 comments:

Connie said...

I have only been to the BYU bookstore once, and I could have easily spent much more than $100, more like $500 or even $1000. You were very disciplined to stick with a budget. As for the chocolate, I would have blown the budget there for sure.

GGMA said...

You have to learn strict restraint and get too old to walk there when in Provo.

Kerin said...

Cute post!
When I was growing up, my mom worked for B.Y.U (at the M.T.C.) and I spent a lot of hours in the B.Y.U book store!
We used to love to buy fudge there.
Wonder if they still sell it ....
Thanks for your wonderful email! Sure made my day :)
Hope you have a grand day :)

Joy For Your Journey said...

I can relate!! I grew up in Utah, so whenever I go back, I have certain places I have to eat at and certain things I have to get. About bookstores though--I am like that in any bookstore. They are lethal to my budget. I try not to go more than a couple times a year, but seriously, I can be just as bad on amazon.

Looks like you got some good books!