Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Gardens Alive-No Joke!

This is definitely not an April Fool's Joke.... I can't believe how much progress my little garden has made in the last two weeks...
The Grapes...no wrath here...see those tiny little buds? They will be grapes! And there's lots of them...
Wow-look at the potato patch!

And the beans!

The tomatoes have doubled in size! There's even some blossoms...
The happy squash plants, getting ready to really multiply...

The corn sprouts!

To all you folks up north still fighting blizzards.....don't give up hope. You'll be gloating and dancing over your garden in a couple of months while I'm weeping and wailing and crying over the arrival of the 100 plus degree temps here....

P.S. This is my first year using organic seeds from Garden's Alive. They sprouted a lot faster than any of the other seeds I have used, so google them and go check them out!

8 comments:

Momza said...

What is it about homegrown food that hits a soft spot in our hearts? The creative process, maybe? I dunno..but it sure does a heart good to see it in action!
Well done, Abuela! (p.s. u and I may share something in common)

Granny J said...

How old are you grapevines? They look fantastic! We are still weeks away from putting anything into the ground. That's not exactly true...peas, lettuce, spinach could go in but this wind....aaargh!

Patrice said...

Thanks for the tip on the seeds. I was wondering the best ones to buy. Great job!

Allyson said...

Looking GREAT!!!! I will look up those seeds, I was actually wondering that the other day!

Lori said...

Wow you might have to start a little market so none of it goes to waste! Looks great!

Larissa said...

That is so neat! I love your garden and the adorable signs your girls made!!!

Kassi Jane said...

looken good as always!

Jillybean said...

We will be growing our first garden this year. Seeing your photos inspires me and gives me hope.
I really need some hope after the three snowstorms we've had in the last few days.