Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday today to my Daddy......(he's a handsome devil-isn't he?)

He's four score and two years today.

He's very smart.

When he was two years old, he got scarlet fever, which destroyed the eardrum and bones in his ears and he was totally deaf.

He learned how to read lips in school.

He got so good at it, that he almost fooled the military into letting him join the army in WW2.
He was so good in fact, that he would tell us what people were saying on TV by watching their lips-even the swear words!

He went to school and got his PhD.
In entomology.....(that's bugs)
He's traveled all over the world and is actually world famous in his field.
If your field happens to be bugs.

And since I'm dashing around Nashville, TN getting ready to see my boy today....I'm wishing him a cyber-happy-birthday!

I hope you like your present......

7 comments:

Granny J said...

Wow! Very nice! Have a great day today.

Patrice said...

I seriously wanted to be an entomologist growing up!

Momza said...

My your dad was a handsome one~ my ex-mother-in-law's father was the State Entemologist for AZ. back in the day.
I know you're in TN picking up your RM--I'm thinking of you!!!

Allyson said...

Happy B-day!

Kassi Jane said...

that is so cool happy b day to him!

Rhonda said...

Happy bday to him! WOW, what an impressive dude he is!!! I'm thoroughly INSPIRED!

Amy said...

It's fantastic having a bug named after me! Happy birthday, grampa!