Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Precious Moments

Yep, that's me in front of the Nashville, TN temple with him. The session with just the missionaries was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.
After the temple session on Tues, we went to the mission home for a special dinner, testimony meeting and program. Again.....totally amazing. We went to pick him up on Wed. morning, but because he was living in the mission home (he was an AP), he hadn't packed yet so we got to spend several hours with the MP and his wife while we waited for him. It was amazing to learn how much work goes into taking care of our boys and these people are super special. They were pretty teary eyed when we took our boy with us.
For the next day and a half we toured around the area, meeting people and visiting some of the areas where he served.


I'm so grateful to all the sisters who took care of him, fed him and helped him have a happy birthday and merry Christmas when he was away from his family. He's making "pupusas" here-a traditional dish from El Salvador. (I got to do it too!)
But one of the most precious moments was our arrival home at the airport, when little L. broke out of the family group and ran up shouting "Uncle Steve!" (breaking all security rules) Little A. is not far behind.


Tomorrow-"tourist" places we visited.

12 comments:

Patrice said...

Did your heart just about burst from all that happiness? Steven looks great!

Granny J said...

I love Heavenly Father's "college" for His young men! Our missionaries have been given some different instructions for this area and I have not had much interaction with them in weeks...I miss them.

Momza said...

Love the pictures...so glad your boy is safely home.

Kassi Jane said...

i bet you guys are so happy to have him back!

Joy For Your Journey said...

Oh what fun! My favorite part of picking our son up from his mission was meeting the people he served with and seeing his love for them and their love for him. I don't think there is anything that warms a mother's heart more!

Jessica said...

can we make some pupusas? that sounds good right now :)

Larissa said...

What a neat experience! I am glad you got to go. So sweet to see the kids huggin' their Uncle!

linda crandall said...

Yeah!! I bet you are just overjoyed that he is back :)

Momzoo said...

I am so happy for you! I have two brothers out right now, I am so happy they are out, but I sure miss them and look forward to when they come home.

Da Bergs said...

Lucky you! I always wanted to go pick up my boys to see where they lived for 2 years, but it didnt work out... Great pictures!!!

Lisa said...

So neat! It sounds like you guys had a great experience! Steven looks all grown up! Wow!

Nancy Face said...

Oh, such wonderful-ness! :)