Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude in Prayer

"As we strive to make our prayers more meaningful, we should remember that “in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments” (D&C 59:21). Let me recommend that periodically you and I offer a prayer in which we only give thanks and express gratitude. Ask for nothing; simply let our souls rejoice and strive to communicate appreciation with all the energy of our hearts."
David A. Bednar, Oct. 2008

Are there times when you are kind of cranky and don't want to pray, or is it just me? There's nothing that snaps me out of it quicker than just expressing gratitude for my many blessings.

Today I am so grateful for my husband & family.

TL is my rock, my refuge, my protector, my stability, my provider, my comforter, considerate in every way, never complaining about the weird stuff I make him to eat, and my eternal companion.

and the kids-they are such wonderful, awesome human beings. It is such a joy to be around them and to see how accomplished, interesting and fun they are! It makes all the sleepless nights and morning sickness so worth it to be around them now. Kids are even more fun as they grow into adults! They are all so unique and bless my life every day!

I'm so grateful for my parents and their teachings......
And I'm so grateful for my heritage......
The ones who came to this country with not much but a testimony burning in their hearts and a desire to make a better life for themselves and their children, many of them totally alone.
The ones who fought for our country.....
The ones who endured hardship and heartache and just kept going with faith in their hearts.
All of them combined to make me who I am and for that I am truly grateful.


7 comments:

Granny J said...

Nice!

Jessica said...

WHOA dad looks so skinny in that picture!!! I am thankful for you too mom! i might have to copy you on your thankful posts :)

Patrice said...

I am feeling very thankful now, too. I refuse to skip Thanksgiving!

Allyson said...

I am thankful for you and your sweet husband. I am thankful for your blog too--always makes me smile!

linda crandall said...

You have an awesome family! What an awesome post :)

Suzie said...

Oh my goodness. I love these posts you are doing,
Priceless & sincere.
You are a blessed woman!

Joyce A said...

This is a beautiful entry. Where do you find all the time!! I am so thankful for everything you mentioned. I made my 7th and 8th graders write 50 things they were thankful for...I helped them get started. I'm thankful for family, friends, a comfortable, protective home, a second pair of shoes, which if you have such a thing, one is better off than 90% of the people in the world, etc., etc.