Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

"For Health and Strength and Daily food, we give our Thanks O Lord."

On this day of feasting, it seems appropriate to give thanks for delicious food and the fact that we don't go to bed at night with an empty tummy. We were discussing family traditions the other night, and so many of the kid's fondest memories and cherished traditions revolve around food!

"And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature and use of man--
Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof, all these things are to be used with prudence and thanksgiving..." D&C 89:10-11



We are so blessed to live in a nation of abundance, so many places and peoples on this earth are not so lucky. I am so grateful for my beautiful home-not a mansion by any means-but a place we have created full of love (mostly) and comfort and I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn to grow some of my daily food and learn to manage the stewardship with which we have been given.
I'm grateful for a strong and healthy body, the fact that I can see, and hear, and walk and communicate and my mind is capable of learning new things-for the joy I have in learning, I'm grateful for the gifts that God has blessed me with and I strive to use those gifts to serve others.
Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thank you - enjoy your day with all those you love!