Friday, August 7, 2009

Cowboy Town

How does Grandpa get a couple of reluctant little boys to be excited about going to Old Town, San Diego?


Tell them they are going to "Cowboy Town."

So what does Grandpa have to do?

Buy them cowboy hats.

Which he obligingly did.
How do you get little boys to sit still for a photo opportunity with cowboy hats?
With great patience.

And then you tell them about the BIG gun.

And the wagon.

And then you pretend you don't know the other people you are with.

5 comments:

Allyson said...

Looks like you fooled em!

I've been there, many, many moons ago! I remember they had good ice cream--hmmmmm...what does that say about me?

Patrice said...

Nothing like a little good old fashioned bribery to get them to behave! If I want Rhett to do something, I somehow relate it to a police man. That does the trick.

Joy For Your Journey said...

Too cute!! The pictures made me smile--and I love your creative way of writing about them.

Debbie said...

too cute! Looks like it worked. what a fun vacation.

Suzie said...

Your trip looked so fun. Espesh with EVERYONE there.
Priceless times indeed.
Beautiful family!