Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pan de Amor

Yesterday my Hispanic sisters came to my home and we made bread.

We had a great time, talking, teaching, laughing, sharing.

Even though bread-making is not part of their culture, they were so willing to learn and work so that we might share the bread with a homeless shelter.Look out for that one!

It doesn't matter what language we speak, where we live, or our culture, women all love to come together to enjoy each other's company and serve together.

I even learned a few new words in the process!

7 comments:

Allyson said...

Cool! I love homemade bread, mmmmm!

Granny J said...

Big Project! How many loaves? Have you always talked with your hands or are you picking up the culture?

kristie said...

Looks like a great activity. I was always scared of making bread, until I tried it. Then I realized it is not that hard.

angiedunn said...

you are awesome; i just love you. you are a rockstar at your calling, it's obvious. lucky lucky hermanas. [is that right?]

ps: shower curtain came from anna's linens. ya know, kinda by ross there on southern...fiesta mall-ish area. my mom got it a while back, but sometimes they have cute stuff!

Patrice said...

Oh, mui bien!

Marilyn said...

Yes-I guess I do talk with my hands-and can you tell how well they are listening to me?

Unknown said...

The kitchen is the great equalizer. even if you can't communicate in language, you can always communicate in action.

Awesome that you did a service project too.