Thursday, August 26, 2010

Oh the Irony of It all


I just spent the last half hour putting 50 lbs of powdered sugar into storage containers. Because I'm trying to be self-sufficient and all that.

But the irony is, while I'm trying to eat healthier, I still have powdered sugar in my food storage. And white sugar. Right next to my gallons of agave nectar and honey.

Like I have hot dogs next to the organic unsweetened whole milk yogurt in my refrigerator.

So it's a process. 

Even though I desire to eat a whole food diet, real life intervenes. And I have family that doesn't necessarily want to eat a whole food diet. And frankly, sometimes a fudgy brownie with a little homemade powdered sugar frosting on top does wonders for the soul......

The only consolation is that at least the last time I bought 50 lbs of powdered sugar was in 2008.

So we'll see you again in 2012.

Now it's time to sweep up the powdered sugar mess.

P.S. Tomorrow and Saturday I'm going to an essential oils seminar. My family calls it "voo-doo" medicine....
Hmm.....I wonder what will be on the menu????
Fudgy brownies with powdered sugar frosting?
Ya' think?

9 comments:

Jessica said...

SOOO excited that you are going to the conference. You better take good notes for the rest of us!

angiedunn said...

i think about this often. my body tells me that the healthiest/happiest way for me to eat is lots of fresh fruits & veggies, a little meat, and a few whole grains. but when i bought my year supply...i bought white sugar, white flour, white rice, etc. i get so discouraged that i spent so much money on stuff that i know i shouldn't eat. haha. you're right-it's a process.

GGMA said...

There are times when only a really good "comfort food" is an absolute necessity.

Jen said...

Amen to that Grandma. :) BTW that is a cool photo of powdered sugar. :) Just sayin...

Amy said...

That IS a cool photo of powdered sugar.
I was craving blackberries from another blog I just read.
Now I'm craving fudgy brownies and wishing I knew more about eating whole foods and using essential oils.


Mum, you're the best.

Kassi Jane said...

hey your doing alot better then most!

Connie said...

I made brownies and cinnamon rolls today to take to some ladies who need a visit! (It IS the end of the month) I try to eat healthier but I was so glad I had enough powdered sugar to put frosting on both the brownies and rolls.

You're a wise woman to have both healthy foods and comfort foods!

Anonymous said...

I buy brown sugar in 20 lb bags and freeze it. It works beautifully and although I don't enjoy the process of transferring it into the freezer bags, (messy business), I am always grateful when I have plenty.

Joy For Your Journey said...

I have to laugh at the voodoo comment. My sister is very much into essential oils and we joke about it being voodoo as well (but not to her face:-).