Monday, October 20, 2008

LiFe as We KnoW it

I've been noticeably absent the last few days on the blogging scene. (or maybe not so noticeably) It is due to the fact that:
a) I've been too busy to blog.
b) My life is too boring to blog about
c) I'm having a mid-life crisis and I'm in a deep funk.
d) All of the above.


Hmmmmm. What could it be? Quite possibly D.

Random vignettes of life lately:
Away from home A LOT-running errands, going to numerous meetings where Spanish is spoken, understanding lots more Spanish-but speaking it much less, doing Spanish homework, Primary Activity Day, my usual marathon Sundays, trying to finish writing the Primary Program, making numerous changes to the Primary Program, wrestling with ADHD Primary children, going to swim meets, working lots less, planning holiday events, reading Georgette Heyer books.....ok....she is really funny......., my teenage daughter signing me up for Facebook and realizing I am probably the oldest living member of Facebook on the planet......(i'm doing it to spy on my children...muaha ha ha)

Trying not to worry too much about current events, the politics, the fear of our upcoming "Obamanation," slashing the budget here at home, trying to have faith and trust in the Lord, my hormonal balance totally out of balance, finding joy in my new gardening adventures (photos upcoming) and generally living life.

Finding out that I am on the "next to die" list in my Spanish class, i.e. I am the oldest member of the class, including the prof. But feeling better when my young cute classmates insist that I don't look f-f-fifty!

So that's it-basically your boring every day-ish life. Oh-please sign up to be one of my "followers" on my blog so my self-esteem won't totally be destroyed!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

I get tired just reading that. You really are amazing. Oh dear I really really hope my kids are not one of the ADHD kids you have to deal with. :) you'd tell me right??? I need gardening tips. What should I be doing right now? I am so not use to AZ gardening at all.

Allyson said...

You are too funny! I think you need to take a Marilyn day. No kids, no work, just relaxing. Okay, I know totally un-realistic, maybe you could have a Marilyn 15 min. Love you---slow down!

Pancake said...

Primary is always a challenge!! The primary program is stressful!

I signed up as a follower, I hope that helped a bit of your self esteem today (wink)

Hope you have a restful day!

The list.. good grief! Who started that!

Patrice said...

I don't know how to be your follower, but I do you have linked to my blog so it tells me the instant you update. Cool, huh? I didn't know you were in the primary presidency. When is the program?

Lori said...

Sure have missed reading your blogs! Hope life slows down! Our primary program is Sunday and our WHOLE family has to sing in it! Don't they know Erik is the singer in our family not the rest of us?

Good luck with all your up to!

linda crandall said...

I hear ya...does it ever slow down?

Anonymous said...

so sorry, NO eggs right now! I used my last 9 the other day but, it is slow going now, Marilyn.
I will start asap saving a dozen or so for you and will let you know when I get them ready.

It has been about 50 lately per month except for the months of Spring go way up to over 300.

How are you doing? I was thinking about being a foster mom.
I love children and i am still at the harkins 1-3 times per week for now.

take care

Suzie said...

I follow you every day even though I may not "follow" you on Blogspot. I did NOT like all those blogs piling up, oh the pressure!

Glad to see you are back, I did miss you and no. You don't look fifty.
Here's to a GREAT week for you!