Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ode to My Garden

If I were living in Mah-day-rah, my garden would look something like this:

Or quite possibly like this......on terraces...And I could even have my own banana plants in my back yard..


But, I don't, so this is what my garden looks like these days...


Every season, with fear and trepidation, I plant my tiny little seeds and hope beyond hope that the magic will happen again.....

And every season, I never fail to be amazed and delighted when little seedlings poke their heads through the soil! Oh ye of little faith!!!

7 comments:

Allyson said...

Yeah! What do we have growing?

csrussell said...

I don't know what I am having yet. I hope to find out in the next 4 weeks

angiedunn said...

this post reminds me of my mom. like, she could have written it. (:
great minds write alike.

adorable garden. when i move to my new home, i hope to have one just like it. i'll probably bug you to give me suggestions/tricks o' the trade...cool?

you are awesome.

Kassi Jane said...

your doing good on your garden!

Pancake said...

they look great (what did you [plant??) Glad the garden survived your absence

Lori said...

I wish I was your neighbor and could have you teach me how to grow a garden! We have a spot alotted with water ready to be turned on and I don't know where to start!

Nancy Face said...

Your garden is just beautiful! I especially love the brick border!

Some years we do really well on our garden. This year, all we have is a brave pepper plant, standing alone with an abundance of hideous weeds!