Thursday, October 16, 2008

WhaT we BroughT HoMe

Choosing what to bring home to represent our memories is something we take very seriously. We only have one shot-and a budget-so we usually don't do much shopping until the end of the trip. We have lots of people to buy for so here's a smidgeon of what we brought home....

How can you not have a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt from Lisbon? (well us girls don't-just for the guys)

Roosters are good luck in Portugal and one must bring the good luck home! This is based on an old Portuguese story-which I don't have time to repeat here-just trust me on this one. They are EVERYWHERE.....

Hand painted ceramic-15th century design-a rooster of course!

My not-so-hand-embroidered Christmas tablecloth (but I know it was touched by human hands in the manufacturing process!) But I loved it.

This is the real stuff......

For those who attend the temple......
These are extra-large placemats which I intend to fold up and make into a temple packet-as soon as I get the nerve to stitch it!!!Hand embroidered trays-they are hanging on the wall in my kitchen.

I LOVE my new watch. Because my eyes are old, I love the large face and the interchangeable bands......red of course!

Most of all, what we brought home were the memories we created-marriage bonds strengthened-people we met-photos we took!

8 comments:

Pancake said...

LOVE the rooster!!!! ANd the watch!

So your son in in TN spanish speaking? Did he ever serve with an Elder Funk? He was spanish speaking for the first part of his mission, then went to English. How long has he been out?

Pancake said...

I see your son left a month after mine, one last Christmas!! I have one son left to go.... you?

Pancake said...

To answer your comment, We have known the funks for YEARS! She was my very best friend when we lived in Cali years ago. We still keep in touch! TOO funny! What a small world! Did she tell you her son is now comp with Jay Osmonds son? They went to his concert!

That is so funny! A ZL, he is a hard worker!

Kassi Jane said...

those are some cool things you got!

Patrice said...

That's great! How did you end up going to Portugal anyway?

Allyson said...

Fun stuff! I really like the watch too. Chunky and Cool!

Lori said...

Good choices, love your selection! What a trip!

jen said...

Thanks for all the goodies mom!