Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hacer una Caminata

Adding to my vast repertoire of Spanish vocabulary words is this enticing little phrase...translated to say.....Take a Hike.....(in the literal sense)


So my dear Jessica kindly indulged her middle-aged mother by volunteering to hike the desert with me, since I was afraid to go alone due to the possibility of getting mugged or some other equally heinous thing.... I've wanted to do this for weeks to photograph and enjoy the desert wildflowers......and we only have a few more weeks before it will be 110 in the shade.....


Essentials of hiking in back pocket....map and water.....(Jess don't hate me for posting this-I think it's cute)

In case you ever fly to Phoenix and you worry that your pilot may get lost-here are directions conveniently posted on the side of a mountain... (isn't that comforting)



The theme of the desert seems to be yellow.....



With an odd pink thrown in here and there.....




Look at our lovely "clean" air here in the desert, yup, that's the big city in the distance.
I am queen of the world!

Last photo of the day.....my photography skills are sorely lacking...but you get the idea...

Thanks Jess for indulging me...I'm looking forward to our next hike... when the palo verdes bloom....









6 comments:

Jessica said...

sure mom. it was fun! i want to do it again. good way to get some easy exercise and actually enjoy it :) thanks for taking me...

Mari said...

Tyson is flying down to Arizona next month for a recruiting fair for raytheon. I think I could handle living there, although I'm not sure he could! He's not such a fan of the heat. That desert hike looked fun to me though!!!

The Duncan Proect said...

what a great way to get some talk time with your daughter.

Unknown said...

Hi Marilyn,\
wonderful Photos!
Ok, yes I receive your email and thanks but, how many would you like? If you aren't out in the next couple of days, I will leave them by the door. So, please check ok but, I need to know how many first, (dozen, that is)LOL
Oh and today's totally techinques class was so adorable.

Unknown said...

love the pink

Allyson said...

How fun....nice that you get to hang with your daughter. And I think you take wonderful, marvelous pictures!