Thursday, September 24, 2009

Letter To My Son

Dear Elder D:

Glad to hear that you made it to the MTC yesterday. Man, was I ever glad to hear that your Grandma intercepted you at the door, even if it was for only 60.34 seconds. It made me feel better seeing your picture and that you looked the same after 2 1/2 hours.

So anyways, after arousing myself from my stupor of thought, I got busy and cleaned your room. Take a good look at it, it looks way different than when you were here.Don't worry, I didn't throw EVERYTHING away. Just packed it away. And I just wanted to thank you so much for the $4.89 that you left scattered for me all over the room. That makes my cleaning pay about $1.89 per hour, which I am going to save up for a trip to

Alaska in two years.

4 comments:

Momza said...

Oh my goodness. I did the same thing when my son left for his mission. Tossed so much stuff out and packed the rest!
And then we moved while he was on his mission. Twice. He left from Colorado Springs, then we moved to Fort Collins, then to Boise 3 days before he came home!!! He never even got to see our home in FoCo.
He's still in Boise tho. Married and in school.
Alot can happen in 2 years!

Allyson said...

Well, you didn't waste anytime!!

YAY, he is gone! Not that you won't miss him, but what an awesome thing a mission is! I'm sure he will just love it!!

jen said...

Awww...good to see him there. You definitely didn't waste any time getting to that room!

Patrice said...

Oh, so wonderful. I hope to enjoy that happy sadness one day with my own son!