Friday, May 2, 2008

Confession

I have a confession. I have waited and waited to confess this...but....
Since it is a part of my life....weekly.....well.....I decided to bare all.....(not in the literal sense)

I....I....I....well, you see today is Friday and I....I....

I have a cleaning lady....

Please don't hate me. I have waited for 30 years to have one. TL encouraged me for a long time to hire one but I refused-feeling like I could "do it all" and it wasn't good for my kids....etc...etc....So my cleaning lady, (we call her crazy Linda because she has more issues than any episode of The Office, Grey's anatomy, Desperate Housewives, etc. combined...) She comes every Friday....eventually....and when she leaves.....eventually...my house is sparkling clean. She is very good at what she does.

So why do I feel the need to clean my house...before the cleaning lady comes????

Well, my justification is that I want her to clean, not declutter.
Or maybe my pride gets in the way and I don't want her to think I am a slob.....Anyhoo....so here I sit, waiting for crazy Linda to arrive.....eventually.....mentally decluttering......

Happy Friday.

P.S. Remember this? Well, the culprit was crazy Linda. She confessed.

9 comments:

Spin said...

Good for you!!! I had a cleaning lady and same thing, cleaned before she came, then she didnt do it like i do it so i got rid of her. Wish I had her back!!! I finally admitted that I really cant do it all. O and your sewing skills came through on the pioneer clothes. and purchased, or handmade with angst and love, Brigham looks good!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a Cleaning Lady!!!

LUUUUCKY!!!

Aren't you from Arizona?? I wonder if your cleaning lady is my mother-in-law??? That would explain the name CRAZY LINDA!!!

((ha ha))

linda crandall said...

Oh I am jealous!! I was just telling by hubby the other day that I swear a tornado comes through the house in the middle of the night...because my house is clean when we go to bed and then after the kids leave to school it...well it looks like a tornado went through our house.

It a mystery...a nagging one :)

So enjoy your cleaning lady while I try not to get the house dropped on me (wizard of OZ analogy)

Suzie said...

No hatin here. Just good old fashioned respect.
good on ya!

Allyson said...

So the cleaning lady did it....HOW FUNNY!!! Don't we all feel like we don't want anyone to see the " real us" Although, I'm sure your clutter is an envelope. You deserve a cleaning lady, so enjoy it!

Jillybean said...

You have a cleaning lady?

I WANT ONE! I WANT ONE!

DH has talked about getting one, however, nobody else can clean my clutter, I would have to do it myself, and if the clutter isn't there, I would be more likely to do the regular cleaning, because then it's easier to get to.

Besides, my 7 year old likes to clean, and I wouldn't want to spoil his fun.

kristie said...

I remember cleaning before the cleaning lady came when I grew up. I never understood that, until I got married and have three kids. Now I wish all I had to do was pick up the house and someone else did the "dirty work". Oh well, maybe in 20 years or so!

Mari said...

Tee hee, what a funny blog. I think we ALL wish we had a cleaning lady. You are one lucky momma!

jen said...

Sigh.....someday!!!