Saturday, May 24, 2008

Not a Whole Lot of Swimming Going On

Since part of the purpose of my blog is to document history, I just had to post this photo. Yesterday I learned it has never rained here on May 23rd in the history of the weather-oh, since they started keeping weather records some 100+ odd years ago. So for this long Memorial Weekend holiday, I don't think this is going to get much use...
Or this....


But since I live in the desert, I would never complain about getting rain. My garden is happy, my grass is happy, my body is happy......just a nice respite from the heat..............Chicken soup anyone?

4 comments:

Lori said...

I love this weather! I am with you on the NO swimming for the weekend. My kids think we will still be able to Monday, they will be so sad! I'll have to remind them we have all summer. Maybe we will visit our neighbors hot tub? Enjoy a good book and that chicken noodle soup! Love ya!

linda crandall said...

We might actually have good weather on Monday! That will be great since we have had rain the past few days. It was too cold to have the house open, but today it was just right!!

Mari said...

We have had the craziest weather too! Hot-cold-hot-cold... rain-sun-rain-sun... Our pool usually opens on Memorial day but I don't think it's going to happen this year!

Jillybean said...

We just went ahead and grilled our hamburgers in the rain.