Thursday, December 6, 2007

Intermission

Taking a short hiatus from Christmas-themed posts to show the world this: Look what I harvested from my garden! A huge pile of luscious, fresh romaine and mixed green lettuces! I haven't had to buy lettuce for weeks...It's awesome. I love gardening this time of year. In AZ we have two growing seasons, hot and hotter-no, not really, winter and summer. I just wish I could figure out how to grow tomatoes and lettuce at the same time! My one tomato plant doesn't look too happy right now. It's so awesome to poke a little seed in the ground-add some water and sunshine and watch the magic.
And, in the spirit of provident living, it is my dearest wish to have a basement pantry filled to the brim. I am so envious of my neighbors in other states who have basements-we don't have them in AZ as a general rule....My sister has an awesome basement food storage room. This is the closest thing that I can get..... My latest obsession-canning meats-so easy and so delish! (The black stuff in the jars is not a disgusting meat product-actually it's chocolate chips....)
Now back to your regularly scheduled Christmas programming.....various sewing projects, none of which can be named, other than Christmas pillowcases for the grandkids....photos later....

2 comments:

LHammer said...

Nice Pantry - Don't be too jealous of basements, they tend to be cold and moldy!

Love ya!

LHammer said...

Nice pantry, sis! Share with me your tips on canning meat. It is one thing I am scared to try! Love ya!