Monday, December 17, 2007

What is about the most annoying thing on earth today?

Running out of bobbin thread less than 12 inches before the project is done! This is my father in law's Christmas present and since I have so much need for orange thread...well, I am a little miffed.

2nd most annoying thing on earth today?

Spending a jillion dollars on bifocal contacts and STILL not being able to see to thread the needle!

(I can just hear Arwen saying to me, "Mom, you have WAY too much time on your hands." My reply, "yep, I do, and i earned every minute of it!"

So I'm off to take a few deep cleansing breaths, rewind my bobbin and get the magnifying glass out so I can thread the needle.....Chao

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I think it's awesome that your making grandpa that blanket. He will love it. Youve done such a good job on your blog. I love getting to know you like this. I think that sometimes its easier to journal our thoughts because we seem to remember them better.

Cassandra said...

Im so excited that you are making grandpa a blanket. He will love it. You are doing such a great job on your blog. I love getting to know you this way.

Allyson said...

Luv it...grandpa will too! I just have to say YOU are SO FUNNY! If I need a quick pick me up.....I read your blog...thanks :-)

Jillybean said...

I also agree that it wouldn't really be Christmas unless I am sewing all hours of the night for two weeks before the 25th ;)
I feel your pain with the bobbin thing. Happens to me all the time. (I sew for my home business)
As for the needle threading, maybe Santa should bring you a new sewing machine with an automatic needle threader. My Bernina has one, and it is just too cool!
I love your idea of giving the stockings to the kids to keep them in their rooms longer on Christmas morning. Maybe it would help us get more sleep than the 2 hours we got last year.
Jill