Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Hair Day

In honor of fabulous hair day, the day I submit to the "Divine Miss J's" skills......I present to you......Hair Through the Years:
My mother hated to cut bangs, therefore so as to cut them as little as possible, she cut them as SHORT as possible each time.....yes, dear, you look younger when you look UP to the camera......
The early marriage short haircut--I have had this in variations throughout the years. (dontcha just LOVE that jacket on TL)
Trying a variation on the long, smooth bob theme....and may I offer my sincere apologies to my daughters for the big hair look I forced upon you....looks like I inherited the short bangs gene too......

This is MY attempt at the big hair look.....somehow I could never get it right.......

This is the result of my 3 yr old hairdresser....hey I had to think of SOMETHING to keep her busy while I was working......


And finally......
My current do....with the highlights and "young piece." Looks like that "young piece" is handy for grabbing......
I'll spare you the high school "shag" days......


7 comments:

Teresa said...

I decided to hit the "Next Blog" button a few times this afternoon, hoping to come across a fun and clever new blog. I found you! Cute blog title, and your hairstyles through the years were fun, too. I'm going to mark you as a favorite! :-)

Randi said...

That's pretty funny. I'm not sure I would be brave enough to post a photo montage.

Pedaling said...

found you through your comment on my pal spins blog.
i love yours - you have a beautiful family.

Nancy Face said...

I loved all those pictures! And what a cute family! :)

Spin said...

thanks for visiting my blog. I love your hair "piece". I often look at photos and wonder what I or my mother must have been thinking. Also appreciated your thoughtful words on President Hinckley. Nice to meet you.

Allyson said...

I vote for the current "do"....so hip and sassy. Its fun to see all the styles the kids and you had growing up. Do you think in 15 yrs we will look at our current clothes and styles and say "what were we thinking?"

Mari said...

Hee hee, I'm pretty sure I've seen ALL those styles on my own mother. Very cute post.