Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my sweet Arwen......
She was actually due on Christmas Day, but true to my course of being overdue with 75% of my children, I went into labor a week later and spent the day trying to do cleansing breaths while the family crowd was watching the Rose Bowl. Arwen's claim to fame for me actually was the fact that she was my first epidural birth.What joy and amazement I had when after that drip was inserted-the pain went away! Wow! We actually settled back and watched the TV. I told the anesthesiologist that I had "long legs" so I needed plenty of medicine. Wow-did it ever work. So when the dr. strolls in to deliver the baby, and after examining me-we were quite surprised and the conversation went sort of like this:
Dr.: "Looks like it's time to have a baby."
Me: "Really?"
Dr.: "Yes."
Husband: "No way is she ready to have this baby."
Dr.: "Yes-fully dilated."
Husband: "But she's not acting like it's time to have the baby." (sensitive guy)
I am so pain free that while in the process of delivering baby I had a moment of panic-I couldn't feel anything so I didn't know if anything I was doing was working! Well, it did-and the only way I can describe it is kinda like a cork popping out of a champagne bottle.....

And our sweet little girl arrived into this world.....We didn't know what we were having and since I had two girls and one boy, of course logically I knew that this baby was a boy. So when it was a girl, well, I had about 15 seconds of confusion. But when I looked at her and saw that cute little dimple in her left cheek-well, I was a goner! Instant love at first site.

So have a lovely day-my dear, wonderful, talented, amazing Arwen....(her code name)

No comments: