Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thoughts on Swooning

Last night I was having a very pleasant evening, actually working on my scrapbooks and listening to the sweet sounds of the soundtrack of "Pride and Prejudice." I LOVE that movie, LOVE the music, I adore the book, read it 3 times (well it is hard to read and long too!) And I was reflecting on the part in the movie where Darcy comes striding through the mists in the early morning.....don't it just make you swoon....







So then I was thinking, could I imagine my man....striding through the mists in the early morning.......waiting to hear him say, " i...i....i.....loveyou." (remember that part?) ???? hmmmmmm............................................







naw-don't think so.........




Now get a load of this:
This is the real live Darcy....(bad photo) hmmmm..kinda makes me feel a little less swoonish........(maybe it's the hair)


therefore, I kinda like my guy who will rescue me when I have a flat tire on the freeway-who has changed his share of dirty diapers-spent many hours putting together various items for me like Ikea desks-rigged up a cool "stop" so I can't run my car through the garage wall- actually likes to go shopping with me--digs up my garden for me twice a year-- Can you imagine Darcy doing that??? hmmmmmmmm.......


naw-don't think so.....



5 comments:

Randi said...

Ahhh, that's so sweet!! I love that you still think of your husband that way.

Allyson said...

I have alway's thought Uncle Terry was THE BEST....you just confimed it.

Amy said...

I totally agree, Mom! My honey isn't exactly a picture of the world's view of Prince Charming, but he sure is my Prince!

jen said...

Awwwwwwww Mom! That is so dang sweet! I swoon at that part of the movie too, although I too could NEVER see my R striding through the mist like that....espcially in that jacket/cape thing. LOL! BUT I definately love him for the man that he is.
~J

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Darcy as well, but I gotta tell ya, if Gerard Butler showed up at my door singing "Past the point of no return", I'd follow him to the antipedes in a stupor of gaga...
Gin