Monday, January 21, 2008

Tag, You're It

Okay-I have finally gotten my act together to share a couple of serious recipes.....I'm not as terribly clever and elegant as Jen with these recipes-hers look so good it makes you salivate......but here goes..... I'm trying to be moderately clever and show the raw ingredients.....warning...if the sight of raw meat grosses you out....look away NOW...




Mexican Pileup

1 pound of hamburger (or 1/2 pound, 1 1/2 pounds, whatever suits your fancy)
1 can pinto beans (drain) (yes you can do it without home canned beans)
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can corn (drain)
1/2 package of taco mix & 1/2 package of enchilada sauce mix (save the rest for next time)

Brown hamburger, toss all other ingredients in and let it bubble and smell good. Then you place on plate: corn chips, mexican pileup, lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream, salsa, whatever suits your fancy or your diet!



Baked chicken breasts

2-3 whole chicken breasts, halved (why do they say this in recipes)
2 T. butter (never use it)
10 3/4 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c. dry sherry (never use it-I use white grape juice)
1 t. dried tarragon, or rosemary or both (i HATE tarragon, never use it)
1 t. Worcestershire sauce (how do you pronounce that correctly?)
1/4 t. garlic powder (not salt)
4 oz can sliced mushrooms (half my family hates mushrooms, i don't really care)

Throw all this stuff in the crockpot and cook on low 8-10. We serve this over creamy mashed potatoes.....(it has been reported that my dad actually licked his plate clean with this one) (did you notice my fresh rosemary??from my garden...!)

I give all glory, laud and honor to my sister, ginny, who turned me on to both of these recipes. Every time I visit her, she gives me a new good one.....

Whew, got that crossed off my list. Today I am girding up my loins and fresh courage taking-today is MLK day, school holiday and I need to work with Bubba D on his eagle project. TL left me today with a hearty, football coach pep talk.....(yea like that helps)

Disclaimer- Sorry bout last night's post. I try to keep this blog uplifting and positive, I guess I needed to vent..........

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Good job and thanks for the recipes.

Can't wait to try them!!