Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Title

I have many titles:


Wife

Mother

Mother-in-law

Grandma

Daughter

Sister

Chauffeur

Teacher

Nurse

Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Child psychologist


My new title yesterday was:

Student


Yep, I finally mustered up enough nerve to get into another class this semester. I had signed up several times at the closest, smaller campus but the class got cancelled every time-So I am going to the big, bad main campus, for Section 1792, M,W, 12:00-1:15, Building GC, Room #103, Spanish Conversation II, #116. Whew......
So this is my latest Merry (mis)Adventure. Here's hoping that the middle-aged brain cells can handle the stress. My instructor is awesome, I actually know his family well. TL and his late father were in business together years ago. After class I introduced myself and told him a little about my history, hoping to win a friend and become teachers' pet, but I don't think it will work. We actually have to SPEAK Spanish in this class to get a good grade.......gulp......

4 comments:

Susie Q said...

I am inspired! I keep thinking that my brain cells have atrophied to the point that I would not be able to remember anything...including where the class was being held! *smile*
I LOVE the title of your blog. I laughed out loud.
You are amazing! I will be back!

Hugs,
Sue

Allyson said...

I almost fell off the cliff.....:-)

good for you......going back to school scares me to death....I hope to go back and take some photography classes--someday---I know you will do wonderful!

jen said...

MOM!!! That is sooooooooo dang awesome! How on earth did you keep it a secret? You will do fantastic. College is THE BEST. I would sooooo jump right back in there if I could. You'll do great!

Randi said...

Yea for you! I've been thinking about some classes too. Maybe something about learning my photoshop program!