Thursday, January 3, 2008

Inferma todavia

I had a marvelously witty post that I have been creating in my head for today but the plain fact is....I still do not feel good, hence the title sick still, in Spanish. I have been coughing my brains out for the last week and the plain fact is... I am SICK of it. Here is a list of remedies I have tried thus far:
1. Throat coat tea.
2. Herba tussin tea.
3. Delsym cough syrup.
4. Dayquil and Nyquil (nyquil makes me feel like a zombie while still coughing)
5. Vicks vaporub slathered generously on the bottoms of my feet with socks (heard this one through an email)
6. Humidifier.
7. Vicks vaporub on throat and chest at night-makes a fine aromatic aphrodesiac!
8. Lots of cold water.
9. Hot salt water gargles.
10. Ricola herb cough drops (lots of these)

Short of taking narcotics-don't know what else I can do-no-I don't want to go to the dr. I DON'T think I have an infection and besides that-I will probably pick up some additional germs in the office along with all the other sickies.

So add the coughing, plus my age of f-f-fifty and having had 7 babies and weak pelvic floor muscles and well.......it doesn't paint a pretty picture, my friend.

So I'll just wait it out another day, and on a brighter note, the kids are back in school, TL says I can have a new piece of carpet installed for my front room and my office is nearly put back together.....so I can meditate on these happy thoughts while hacking away......

P.S. I am making a link to my very talented and amazing oldest daughter who has decided to start a blog-you will be amazed at her photography and brilliance........


4 comments:

jen said...

So sorry you are still not feeling well...boy that is hanging on! Thanks for the link & compliments, wow I didn't know I was brilliant. ;) LOL!
~J

Allyson said...

I am so sorry you are STILL sick....Ethan is sick too...because he is under 2 and can't have med's, his doctor told me to give him a couple teaspoons of pure honey for his cough....it doesn't take it completely away but it definately helps....maybe its worth the try! Good luck!

LHammer said...

Sorry about your sickness! Man, is that lingering. Maybe a dose of extra cold air would help--come up for a visit! :-)
As to the side effects, I recommend depends. Not that I need them . . . Ha!

Anonymous said...

Jen told me about your blog. It's fun to see what's happening in your neck of the woods. Sorry to hear that you have been so sick. We've be sick here too. Hopefully we are on the up swing. Sorry I don't have any miracle cures. We did the antibiotic route.